Thursday, March 01, 2007

The Perfect Podcast (for me)





After months of searching, I’ve found the perfect pod cast for me. “One Thing in a French Day” by Laetitia. http://onethinginafrenchday.com

It’s ideal for me because it’s usually only 3 minutes long. She publishes a pod cast three times a week with a transcript. And she speaks clearly and sa voix est adorable! ( her voice is adorable!)

The best thing about her pod cast is that she writes about small, everyday things in her life. For example: Buying stamps over the internet, replacing a light bulb in the kitchen, how to make a Galette (a type of crêpes from Bretagne), using ‘La Carte Vitale’ at the pharmacy and the barges (péniches) that go under a bridge near her home near Paris. Each pod cast is full of everyday vocabulary. Her cheerful voice and the short length of the recording make it easy to listen over and over as I memorize the cadence of her sentences and the pronunciation of her words.

My greatest weakness in learning French has been understanding conversational French. Although I have made some progress, it’s still my biggest frustration. My friend Serge listens devoutly to English language pod casts and feels that has helped him understand native speakers of English better. Taking this tip from him, I too, have begun listening to recordings of French voices daily. Thanks to Laetitia, it’s just become a sweeter part of my day. Merci Beaucoup.


The picture is of a Brasserie that just opened here in Alubquerque. La Provence is run by Marc a real French guy from Marseille.

No comments: