Sunday, August 24, 2008

Philippe and Christine


Two of our French friends came to visit us in Albuquerque while they were on their first trip to the United States. Philippe and Christine were touring the western U.S. for three weeks and camping at several national parks in California, Nevada and Arizona. They stayed with us for five days. During this time we did all the tourist sites in Albuquerque and a few in Santa Fe.

Philippe was my first French conversation partner. I credit him with coaxing me to have my first discussions en Français. He and Christine live in Marseille, France. Philippe likes country western music. So I took him to a western clothes store. He was a good sport and let me take a picture of him in a cowboy hat.

They both are a lot of fun. It was great to get to know them. We hope to visit them in Marseille the next time we are in France. Again, I am so lucky to have such wonderful French friends!


No comments: